Monday, June 21, 2010

A While

It has been a while since the last time I posted; I think tonight will be just some thoughts.

I found out today just how depressed Rj is with work. He absolutely hates it. Although he has a couple friends there he hates the hours. He's been tempted to quit for a while now. I told him if he wants to quit fine but quit by getting fired or laid off so he can collect unemployment. I also started helping him fill out applications online tonight. Hopefully they will be fruitful. I feel terrible that he's depressed and miserable I just wish he could have come to me sooner. I don't know who reads this but if you can keep an ear out for any full time positions in the area that would be fantastic.

On a lighter note I got a perm on Friday. I wasn't originally intending on getting one but Becky ended up not coming down like planned and I didn't want to stiff the stylist so I took her appointment instead. I got a spiral perm and although it doesn't look bad it does take some getting used to. I am so excited that I can actually take a shower tonight and wash my hair. Yay!!!

Another happy note is that on Sunday, Tasha, Mom & I made Father's Day dinner and had my mom's side of the family come down. I wish dad's side could make it but they all live too far away for last minute get together ideas. We all had a lot of fun though. It was nice hanging out and getting to catch up with everyone. The food was fantastic now if only I could get my mom to lay off the onions. I don't mind onions but my mom puts so much in everything that onion overtakes the flavor.

Work this past week has been kind of weird. I have been called in to cover a lot of over night shifts because all the grocery people seem to be quitting. I don't mind the over night it just kinda screws up the sleep schedule. This week is a very light week for me. Because I covered the Sunday over night I didn't have to work Monday and the only other days I am scheduled to work are Tues & Thurs and I asked for the weekend off so I really only have to work 2 days this week. Although I appreciate the down time I should try to pick up more hours for a better paycheck next week. The other thing I have to do soon for work is put in for my time off next month. I need to get that done soon especially now that we are going to the new online system. I don't want to be too late to get the days off.

I think I am going to spend much of my free time this week cleaning, sorting and getting rid of things. I seem to feel really good when I can get rid of extra excess things. Things I don't need or haven't used or just haven't gotten rid of for some insane reason. Although I did get rid of a bunch of things last Thursday I know there is still more to get rid of and maybe then I can go get the rest of my things out of dad's shed. That definitely needs to be done since I think mice may have gotten into a box or two. Hopefully not though and stuff will still be in good condition. I guess if it's not it will be that much easier to get rid of.

I have not been consistently walking but I still am losing weight. I am hoping the more I keep getting out to walk the more I will want to make it a regular thing. I get the daily walking newsletter to help motivate and give you walking fitness ideas and suggestions and I like reading it but I should probably follow more of the suggestions I read. For me the hardest part is my own motivation. I am lazy and I like being lazy on the computer, knitting, crocheting, latch hooking or being lazy in some other crafty way. Though some might not find these activities lazy they are not physically straining to the point of raising the heart rate for fitness and weight loss purposes. Maybe if I could successfully walk and do one of the other pleasurable activities I wouldn't have such trouble maintaining a healthy body mass.

I am so happy I was able to type tonight. It feels like I just squeezed the excess information and stress out of this sponge of a brain I have. I need to remember that walking seems to help with that also, maybe that will help motivate as well.

1 comment:

  1. It is very hard when your spouse is so unhappy with his job. I'll keep my ears open.
    You should post a pic of the perm! I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete