Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Video

I went for a walk after work tonight and it felt so good. I will be going for one tomorrow if it's not raining and hopefully riding my bike to work Thursday. I think the Relay for Life has helped me get back to where I want to be.

I can't help but laugh right now. My hubby is trying to get a controller button unstuck and it's just not working for him. I love him very much but I will probably have to fix it soon because he will be fed up shortly.

I said I would post some pictures from the Relay for Life and here they are. This first item is the team Survivors Lap they did as part of the opening ceremony. This will also serve as my trial run with using video as well.




The first two pictures were taken during the opening ceremony. The Fight Like a Girl banner was part of the Teams Lap. There were 20+ teams I think they said.


The second picture is the doves. At the end of the opening ceremony they released white doves and this was the best I could do with my camera.


This picture is Pat Conover who is my boss and was the team captain. The photo was taken by a 4 year old boy which is why it is mostly of her upper torso. He had a really hard time getting all of someones head in pictures but he definitely took a lot of ground and feet pictures. It was actually very humorous going back through the pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras.

This last photo is of the luminaries which people could buy in memory or honor of someone with or having fought cancer. They actually sold enough to surround the 1/4 mile track. It was a very cool thing to see these all lit with the lights off. Actually after 10 pm these were how the track was lit. They turned off the stadium lights and left these lit. It was a very nice site.




No comments:

Post a Comment