Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Things

I received my first spray tan today.  As step one to learning to give spray tans I made an appointment with Trish to spray me so I could get the run down on some do's & don'ts.  I also watched her in the mirror so I could see what she was doing without ruining my spray (of course!).  It was definitely very interesting and I am more than positive I will have no problems spraying someone else as soon as I get the spray pattern and tempo down. 

The second new thing was I walked on the treadmill today for almost 30 minutes.  Although I have been on a treadmill before, today is day one of doing it everyday.  I even jogged for a little bit.  I do mean a little bit though, it was one time for less than a minute.  I have been saying I want to lose weight but have never done anything about it.  Recently I went to cheer Jen on in her 1st 5K race.  I am so proud of her for finishing the race with no walk breaks.  I am also thoroughly impressed, inspired and proud of all the weight she has lost doing the couch to 5K program, eating healthy and just being overall amazing.  After seeing everything she has accomplished I have decided what better time than now to start doing what I have been talking about for years.

I am thinking blogging about what I do for exercise everyday will keep me accountable and motivate me to keep up with it.  My only issue, that I just need to get over, is working out when Dave is here.  I know he would do nothing but encourage and possibly even join in but I become extremely self conscious at the thought of him seeing how out of shape I am.  I don't know what my deal is.  He sees me everyday.  He knows I am not in shape by any means but for some reason my brain is just retarded about him seeing me exercise.  I guess the phrase "Suck it up Buttercup!" is going to apply here.

Well I'm off to bed.  I have an early client in the morning.  Not that 10 am is early but when you don't normally start til 12 that 2 hours can make a huge difference.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean- I don't think I would mind walking the treadmill in front of Jon, but I'll be damned if I'm jumping around doing aerobics or doing any yoga ;)
    I am SO OUT OF SHAPE. I was doing well when we moved here but [insert excuses here]. So where are you living now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am living with my aunt just outside of Bath, NY. She has been a saint with all the changes that have happened. First I move in, then Ashley and Corbin (her daughter and grandson) move back in, Owego floods and Dave has no place to stay so she lets him move in and a couple cousins come and go periodically. Her house seems like it needs a revolving door at this point. I don't know how she has the patience but I am so greatful she does.

    ReplyDelete