Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anniversary

Today was a wonderful day. Not only was I up at 6 am on my own without left over grogginess it is mine & my husbands 2nd wedding anniversary. We went to McDonald's for breakfast which was delicious, more so I think because we go there hardly at all. We then went straight to Ithaca and walked Taunghannock Falls. We walked both sides of the upper trail as well as the gorge trail so a total of about 4 miles. I have been walking inconsistently at best but thought I would be able to handle the trails. Well the stairs that go up both sides of the upper trail kicked my butt again this year, however, as soon as we were at the top and I caught my breath again I was fine for the rest of the walk. Something about stairs I guess. We walked the upper trail first and then ate lunch before walking up the creek itself. We usually prefer walking in the water to walking up the actual trail. I think because the water is always refreshing and fun to play in, especially the deeper pools.

After the walking the creek Rj & I ditched our wet clothes and drove home to take a nap. We slept for about 2 hours I think. It was nice to have him actually sleeping with me for a change. With us working opposite shift that doesn't happen often. After we woke RJ wanted pizza & wings for dinner so I called in the order and he went to pick it up. Although it was good I didn't eat very much of it. I hope he stays in the mood for pizza for a rather long time.

Anyways I watched Princess Diaries while eating dinner. I hadn't seen that movie in ages and it was good clean comic relaxation. Rj watched it for a little bit but mostly worked on his computer. During the movie though, work called and asked him to come in which he had predicted would happen earlier today. So although he originally took tonight off to spend the whole day together he told them he would come in after sweetly asking my if it was ok. It's a good thing I know we need the money or I may have been slightly upset.

Anyway I look at it, today was just awesome but unfortunately must come to an end because I must sleep to be at work at 7 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment