Thursday, February 2, 2012


Things have been absolutely CRAZY the past two months!  The last post I did was December 13th and I was all gunghoe about consistency and being accountable blah blah blah.  I have thought about posting a bazillion times it just hasn't happened.  Geepers I'm pretty lame.

So the rest of December was filled with a LOT of trips back and forth to mom & dad's, Christmas shopping, and work.  Pretty typical December fare.  However extremely spuratic I did get some walks in.  Mostly while I was at my parents walking the dog.  There are always stairs to climb at work and Karen's so that is helpful too.  I think I even got in a couple yoga days and a few push-up set in at work.  Oh!  Also Aaron flew home to Virginia from Afghanastan!  He took all his leave time and was able to be in the states for 3 weeks.

January was even more running around.  Aaron was home in NY the 1st - 7th.  During that week I took off as many days off of work as possible to spend time with him and the girls.  I even had Alina, Addison and Suzanne to myself that wednesday so we baked cookies.  We had so much fun!  We had colored cookie dough, crazy shaped cutters and frosting to boot.  The girls were covered in all of it.

A week or so later Dave totaled his car when he put it in the creek on a particularly icey night.  That was loads of fun.  Thankfully he wasn't hurt and a neighbor saw him go in and gave him a lift back to the house.  He wasn't even out of the house 5 minutes!  Needless to say he did not make it to work that night as we had to wait 45 minutes for a wrecker to get there, have them pull the car up and out which took over an hour and then figure out how we were going to get both of us back & forth to work on one vehicle since he works 70 miles away. 

The following week was a lot of planning and driving.  I am ironically thankful that I didn't have a lot of clients the week after his accident because that made our lives a lot easier to plan.  The only down side was a lot of gas was used and not a lot of income from clients does not make happy times. 

The begining of this week (Sunday) my brother Tim went into the hospital and had to have a TON of tests run on him.  They ultimately don't know what caused the siezure but all the tests show compression fractures along the spine.  The final say was that there are identical cracks from T2-T10 that would normally happened from a 2-3 story fall.  They are performing a bone density test because he only fell from a standing position.  He was able to come home Tuesday night but I still have not heard the results from the bone density test.  On top of that Alex, the youngest member of our family (8 months), was taken to the walk-in Monday and because of his oxygen levels they rushed him to the hospital to find double ear infections and a viral infection around his lungs.  Thankfully he was able to be home Monday night but he is on a bunch of meds.

That brings us to February and with any luck things will settle down a bit.  The only thing so far is that Tim and I have switched cars.  No he's not driving but his wife Marilyn is and Tim can't get in or out of his car because it's too low to the ground and he is going to have a bunch of doctor appointments over the next couple weeks.  So they now have a vehicle that he can be in and I have a vehicle that gets amazing mileage which is fantastic because Dave and I are still on one vehicle until his taxes come back and he can get a car of his own.

I know there was a Christmas party or two in there somewhere, a birthday party and some other gatherings but the main activities have been covered.  With any luck I will be able to get back on my blogging and exercise band wagons with more conviction.  Off to do my taxes now.  Have a good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly. That's a lot of craziness. I hope everything works out ok.
    I haven't been walking either. Just went a couple times on nice days. I really need to do it.