Friday, August 19, 2011

Time really does fly!!

Holy Hannah!! It's August and I haven't written anything down since Memorial Day!  Well a lot of things have happened since then.

June:  I put in my 2 week (really 1 month) notice at Price Chopper to persue my massage practice at Nails Plus full time.  This continues to be the best decision I have made in a very long time.  Aaron left for Afganistan the day after Father's Day.  Unfortunately he will be gone for a year but this is supposed to put them in a financial position to do whatever they want with their future.  Rode to Virginia with Tasha and Dave to pick up Aaron's car and dog Aries.  Probably one of the funnest road trips I have been on in years.

July:  The 4th happened calmly with a small fireworks display at Tioga Downs.  The 10th was my last night at Price Chopper!  Thoroughly enjoyed Dennis's birthday party at Greenwood Park.  This also happened to be the month I forged what I think of as a few very strong friendships with some amazing people.  Dave, Dennis and Tesa became well appreciated staples in my life this month.  I went to a party in Syracuse with Dave and met his sister and her family.  That same weekend I told RJ I wanted a divorce in a cowardly yet self preservation driven text message.  Yes I know a text is cowardly but at the time I was in a car on my way to Syracuse and had a very uneasy feeling that conversation would end in physical violence towards me and I didn't want to take that chance.  So I took the cowards way out.

August:  Actually talked to RJ in person about wanting a divorce and my fear of violence having that conversation in person.  Thankfully that meeting and conversation went without incident.  Don't get me wrong there was crying and yelling on both of our parts but no violence.  Yay!  There have been subsequent conversations also smooth going though emotionally charged.  I got my nose and lip pierced.  I am now in the process of moving in with my Aunt Karen who is much closer to Bath where Nails Plus is located.  This coming weekend I will be getting the rest of my things out of the trailor and sheds, cleaning the trailor end to end for the buyer, demolishing a shed and meeting up with Rj on Sunday.  Although I am not interested in reconciling a marriage I am hopeful and optimistic that we can at least try and rebuild a friendship which has been missing for a long time.

Tonight has been spent getting caught up on all things electronic that I have been neglecting given the shear lack of hours in a day.  If and when things begin to calm down again I am hopeful I can start blogging more.  I would llike to start a massage blog.  I know I won't be able to talk about clients specifically but there are many other topics relevent to past, present and future therapists.

Even though the last few months have been very stressful for me they were also filled with some extremely fun events.   The future seems bright and full of opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment