Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day!!

Hello Hello!!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and I hope you have thanked any and all service men and women.

I am contemplating putting in my two week notice at Price Chopper.  I just don't like working there anymore.  Although I know that is not a good reason to quit and I know reliable jobs are hard to come by these days I just am not happy there.  Working day and night is wearing on me pretty hard but my day job just doesn't pay the bills so I know I need Price Chopper still.  I guess I will just keep trying to figure things out.  Something might just come along and be the answer I am looking for. 

I went and raided mom's pantry last night.  I picked up 2 quarts each of string beans, peaches and applesauce, 1 pint each of blueberry and plum jelly and 1 small jar of peanut butter.  Now that gardening and canning season are upon us it's time to get mom's pantry organized for easy loading.  I guess another rationalization I have for wanting to put in my two week notice is I will have more time to help with the garden, fixing things around the house that need to get done, canning, crafting and generally living the way I want to as apposed to just going through the motions to pay the bills.  Wishful thinking I know because the bills always need to be paid and those obligations come first right now.

Hubby is snoozing right now but when he gets up we are going to his momma's house to get some things taken care of that we have been putting off for some time.  His mom wants her air conditioners in, there are trees to clean up that fell down during the storms last weekend and there are two piles of brush that have been waiting since last fall to be burned.  Maybe while he is snoozing I will run down town and get the stuff for my raised beds.  Today could end up being more productive than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment